Cardiology Technician students are trained in the performance of non-invasive testing (ECG) procedures which provide valuable recorded data utilized in cardiac medical evaluation.
Training emphasizes basic and advanced electrocardiology and electrocardiography. Ample ECG equipment is utilized to provide extensive hands-on training.
Class size is limited to assure close supervision during classroom and practical application of various procedures.
The core curriculum includes:
- Anatomy & Physiology/Pathophysiology
- Therapeutic Communications/HIPAA
- Basic ECG (EKG) waveform morphology
- Advanced ECG (EKG) waveform morphology
- Abnormal ECG (EKG) Rhythms/Arrhythmias
- Cardiovascular Pharmacology
- Ultrasound Physics
- Vital Signs
- IV Administration
- Patient Assessment
- Basic medical electronics & instrumentation
This program also provides an understanding of:
- Diagnostic and therapeutic procedures in ECG
- Exercise stress testing and pacemaker rhythm recognition
- Competence in the recognition & interpretation of abnormal ECG (EKG) rhythms.
Due to the technical nature of this program, students must have prior allied health training, recent clinical work experience and college credits in anatomy & physiology, math and science.
The externship component is an integral part of the Carnegie CT training program. Eligible students are assigned to school-approved clinical sites by the Program Director. Students will maintain this rotation until all required hours have been successfully completed within the allotted time frame.
The knowledge and skills acquired prepare students for responsible career entry level positions as a Cardiology Technician in the areas of telemetry, Holter scanning and exercise stress testing. There is a critical demand for competent Cardiology Technicians in hospitals, clinics, diagnostic centers and doctor’s offices.
Other Programs Carnegie Offers:
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Business Specialist
- Medical Insurance Biller
- Massage Therapy
- Electroneurodiagnostic Technologist
- Vascular Technologist
- Cardiovascular Technologist
- Invasive Cardiovascular Technologist
- Cardiac Electrophysiology Technologist
- Pacemaker/ICD Technician
Textbooks & Reference Manuals
|Lippincott||ECG Workout Book||Huff||978-1-4511-1553-6||$47.95|
|Elsevier||Drugs for the Heart||Opie||978-1-4557-3322-4||$74.95|
|Elsevier||Anatomy & Physiology, 9th Edition||Patton/Thibodeau||978-0-3232-9883-4||$123.50|
|Carnegie Institute||Arrhythmia Interpretation||Carnegie Institute||$38.60|
|American Heart Association||BLS for HC Providers||AHA||978-1-61669-039-7||$12.00|