Virtual Commencement Exercises
September 12 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
CARNEGIE’S 74th ANNUAL COMMENCEMENT EXERCISES will be held VIRTUALLY on Sunday, September 12th at 2:00 PM.
On this special day, the academic achievements of our graduating Class of 2021 will be acknowledged. THIS DAY has been PLANNED FOR YOU…AND BELONGS TO YOU and your FAMILY!
You will be sent a GoToMeeting invitation by Ms. Normile. Click on the link at 1:45 PM on Sunday, September 12, 2021. You will not be permitted to log in before 1:45 PM. This will allow our guest speaker, outstanding alumna award recipient, faculty and school officials to log-in first as space is limited.
Due to the special circumstances associated with Covid-19, educational delays have occurred and some students will still need to complete clinical rotations. Therefore, we understand that there is more school work to be done for some graduates. Please know that you have the full support of the administration, faculty and staff to ensure all program requirements will be completed satisfactory and in a timely manner.
On Commencement Day we will require your full cooperation in the following ways:
- Please be PUNCTUAL and log-in no earlier than 1:45 PM.
- Remember to TURN OFF YOUR MICROPHONE AND CAMERA. You will still be able to see and hear.
- Be dressed appropriately.
- Please pay close attention when instructions are given.
INFORMATION TO REMEMBER
- Family members wishing to see the virtual Commencement Ceremony, will need to view the graduation exercises at the graduate’s home.
- If there are family members who live out of state who wish to view the ceremony, please know that the virtual space is limited. Invitations may be provided to out of state family on a first come, first served basis and based on virtual space availability. Please supply an email address to Carnegie Institute by September 7, 2021.
- COMMENCEMENT EXERCISES BEGIN AT 2:00 PM.
- The COMMENCEMENT CEREMONY lasts approximately 45-50 minutes.
- DIPLOMAS WILL BE MAILED to graduates who have successfully completed Carnegie training, Clinical/Externship requirements, and satisfied all indebtedness to the school. The following additional stipulations apply:
- Graduates from our allied health programs are required to complete and submit Clinical/Externship paperwork as outlined in our Externship Policy guidelines. A Final Evaluation of the student’s Clinical/Externship proficiency must be received from the clinical/externship site by the school office before a diploma can be issued.
- Students with excessive absenteeism will be required to complete one additional hour of externship for each hour missed. The diploma will be withheld pending receipt of a satisfactory externship evaluation.
We are pleased to see that many of you have been placed in allied health career positions prior to graduation. We also commend others who have taken the personal initiative to select and apply for allied health positions that appeal to them. Motivation will always be an important key to your personal career success.
Please keep in touch with Denise Ellis, CMA (AAMA) in the Placement Office and/or Ms. Normile, RN, CMA (AAMA) for assistance and job referrals. Please respond quickly medical employers who call the school’s Placement Office with immediate staffing needs. Please cooperate with our Placement Coordinator and follow up on these employment possibilities as soon as they become available.