- This event has passed.
70th Annual Commencement Exercises
September 10, 2017 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
Carnegie’s 70th Annual Commencement Exercises will be held on Sunday, September 10th at 2:00 PM, Troy Athens High School Auditorium, 4333 John R, Troy – between Wattles and Long Lake. On this special day, the scholastic achievements of our graduating Class of 2017 will be publicly acknowledged. Special guests, school officials and members of our faculty will participate in the exercises. This day has been planned for you…and belongs to you and your family! Capture the spirit of the occasion by offering your full cooperation and participation. 100% attendance is expected.
We have not had the need for a formal rehearsal in 70 years…and with your cooperation this record will be maintained. Additional instruction will be provided by Carnegie faculty and staff at Troy Athens Auditorium prior to the start of the ceremony.
Precision timing on Commencement Day will require your full cooperation in the following ways:
- Please be punctual.
- Arrive at the auditorium by 12:45 PM. Doors will be open to parents and guests at 1:00 PM.
- Be dressed appropriately:
- Wear a clean, white uniform.
- Wear white stockings and clean clinical shoes.
- Please…no excessive jewelry.
- Hair must be up, off the collar.
- Males graduating should wear dark dress pants, a shirt, tie and a lab coat.
- Graduates are requested to assemble in the cafeteria to await instructions from the faculty and staff.
- Please pay close attention when instructions are given for marching order into the auditorium, seating arrangements and on-stage protocol.
- Make arrangements prior to the start of the Commencement Ceremony to secure your personal belongings, i.e. no purse, no cell phone, as graduates entering the auditorium must be free from carrying any items.
- Please do not chew gum during the ceremony.
Information to Remember
- The commencement ceremony lasts approximately 90 minutes.
- If at all possible, we are asking that you limit your guests to adults or young adults. Infants and small children find this length of time too long to remain quiet.
- Commencement Exercises begin promptly at 2:00 PM.
- Convenient parking may be found in the back of the school, near the football field. Either enter by way of the entrance off Wattles, which leads directly to the back of the school near the auditorium or enter off of John R and continue to the back of the school.
- Complimentary announcements for Commencement Exercises are being provided as a special service to our graduates. This is our way of recognizing your educational achievements at Carnegie Institute. Please accept these announcements with our best wishes for your future, and share the good news of your professional accomplishments with your family and friends.
- Diplomas will be mailed to graduates who have successfully completed Carnegie training, Clinical/Externship requirements, and satisfied all indebtedness to the school. The following additional stipulations apply:
- Graduates from all our Allied Health Programs are required to complete and submit Clinical/Externship paperwork as outlined in our Externship Policy guidelines. A medical employer’s Final Evaluation of the student’s Clinical/Externship proficiency must be received by the school office before a diploma can be issued.
- Students with excessive absenteeism will be required to complete one additional hour of externship for each hour missed. The diploma will be withheld pending receipt of a satisfactory externship evaluation.
We are pleased to see that many of you have been placed in allied health positions prior to graduation. We also commend others who have taken the personal initiative to select and apply for allied health positions that appeal to them. Motivation will always be an important key to your personal career success.
Please keep in touch with the Placement Office for assistance and job referrals. Remember that medical employers call the school’s Placement Office on a daily basis for help with staffing needs.
Remember also that most employers want a Carnegie graduate or candidate for graduation for their immediate openings. This means that we must act quickly to fill these positions. Please cooperate with our Placement Coordinator, Denise Ellis, CMA, and follow up on these employment possibilities as soon as they become available.
We recommend that you remain on your first job for at least one year. This will help you gain the work experience you need for career promotion and will help establish your record of employment dependability. Should the office require additional personnel…remember that a Carnegie trained co-worker can help make your job much easier! Once employed, call the school Placement Office for a Carnegie graduate when additional help is needed.
Career Advancement Information
Your training at Carnegie Institute has provided a solid foundation for the professional responsibilities you are now ready to assume. However, medicine is an ever-changing field of technology. This means you must keep up with these changes if you want to grow steadily in your career.
Continuing Education Workshops and Seminars have been developed through our Continuing Education Department as an easy and affordable way to keep up with what’s new in your field. This is also an excellent way to earn those required CEU’s to maintain registry certifications. Educational enrichment contributes substantially to career advancement on a present job or to advancement through new employment opportunities. And…professional self-improvement always looks good on your resume.